Healthy Churches 2020 Institute
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Healthy Churches 2020 Institute is a unique opportunity to dive into strategies, models and fundamentals of strengthening and developing the capacity of faith institutions to become effective community centers for health promotion and disease prevention. Free Continuing Education Units will be given for each Institute.
Session A: 9:00 am – 12 noon
- Pastoral Health! (For Pastors & Ministers Only)
- Tools for Establishing an Effective Health Ministry
- Tools for Evaluating Faith Based Health Programs
- Transformational Leadership in Health for Christian Educators
- Brain Health Matters! Cognitive Health Issues in African Americans (Part 1)
(For Nurses and Other Health Professionals Only! Includes Session I & II ALL DAY
LUNCH ON YOUR OWN
Session B: 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Brain Health Matters! Cognitive Health Issues in African Americans (Part 2)
- Data Collection Methods for Faith Based Health Programming
- Biblical Theology for Health and Wholeness
- Black Church 101: Tools for Building Partnerships with African American Congregations to Address Health Disparities.
- Recruiting African Americans to Participate in Medical Research: Methods, Models and Experiences
- Fundamentals of Grant Writing for Faith-Based Health Programs, Including Obtaining a 501( c )3
- The INSTITUTE is included with each Full Conference Registration.
- The fee to register for THE INSTITUTE only is $99.00
INSTITUTE SESSION DESCRIPTIONS